SMP support with the scyld package

Carpenter, Dean Dean.Carpenter at pharma.com
Mon Mar 26 12:04:25 PST 2001

Hummm.  I see that it ships with the 2.2.17 sources, but I don't see any SMP
kernels lying around ...

Anything specific in the config that needs to be done to build a "Scyld"
kernel ?  I know bproc has to get in there, and I see a few bproc* files in
the source tree.  Or is it as simple as a

make clean
make dep
make bzImage

in the 2.2.17 source tree ?  How about 2.2.19 ?  Given a virgin kernel
source tree from kernel.org, what needs doing to integrate bproc with it ?

--
Dean Carpenter
Principal Architect
dean.carpenter at pharma.com