Cluster Question (fwd)

Gerardo Andres Cisneros andres at chem.duke.edu
Tue Mar 20 08:48:27 PST 2001

Hello All,

As I have said below, I have built a very small cluster (8 nodes) running
a slightly modified version of RedHat Linux 6.2 and I'm trying to run a
parallel version of a computational chemistry program (g98).

This program uses Linda for the paralellization but I'm having problems
with it.

As stated below I'm having problems with either g98 or Linda killing the
processes on the slave nodes once they're done.  We've looked into a bunch
of things including hardware malfunction but everything seems Ok.

We have checked almost everything Dr. Brown suggested as per his
experience with PVM (included below) but we can find no problems in the
Linda conf file or the UID's belonging to a different user or the dameons
not running.

I was wondering if anyone out there is using Linda and/or g98 and has
encountered similar problems?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would also very much apreciate if you could reply directly to me since
I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best Regards,

Andres