parallelizing OpenMP apps

Mattson, Timothy G timothy.g.mattson at intel.com
Thu Mar 22 11:11:08 PST 2001

Mapping OpenMP onto an HPF-style programming environment can be as-hard or
harder than going straight to MPI.  Before taking such a drastic step, you
should consider your options in the OpenMP space.

I haven't personnally used it, but the OMNI compiler project at RWCP lets
you run OpenMP programs on a cluster.  I can't find their URL right now (my
web proxy is acting up), but I think you can learn more about it by
following links off the OpenMP web sige (www.openmp.org).  KAI also has a
system that supports moving OpenMP onto clusters --- though I don't think
its an official product yet (you'll have to ask them).

Good luck.

--Tim