Fortran 90 and BeoMPI

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Fri Mar 16 09:26:29 PST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 05:12:38PM +0100, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

> There is another problem: when you have several compilers installed on the
> same system and different MPI libraries compiled for each of them. The
> SCore system, for example, provides an option (e.g. mpif77 -fc pgi) in
> order to choose which combination of compiler, flags and include/libraries
> to use. The same would probably apply to MPI on top of several transport
> libraries, each with their own include/libs.

The easiest way to work around grungy, ugly build systems is to create
some name like "mpif77" (or "xlf" ;-) and write a script which does
the right thing under the hood -- add extra arguments, delete
arguments that aren't right, link the local mpi. I've done this a
bunch of times; it's not that hard to take something that is quite
complex and has never been ported to Linux and compile it that way.

-- g