rack mountable ready cases for athlon uni and mp mobos?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 26 12:07:53 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:40:36PM -0400, mirabai at jerusalem.com wrote:

>  for those of you interested in a power supply for the tyan thunder k seven
> mb, tyan has recommended the 460watt ps from nmb.

Actually I am currently testing the NMB power supply. It does fit into
a 2U case - barely. Since it is not a 2U power supply it does not fit in
the back of a 2U case (besides the mb). Hence, you must put it in the
front of the case. This creates problems with the air flow and therefore
you end up with fairly high temperatures. This is not a good solution.

Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6