Q: pgf77 on x86 w/ > 1GB RAM?

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue Jul 24 15:24:34 PDT 2001

hi ya brian

there are some motherboards that support up to 8 slots of
sdram...

- make sure that the motherboard can support 1Gb sdrams sticks..
  so you can have 8Gb of 1Gb ram sticks or just 512mb sdram sticks

- the typical prices i've seen are say $30-$40 for 256mb... and $100 for
  512mb .... so if you can get yours at edgemicro for $50... that
  maybe a good deal...
	- but than again...i like century and hitachi sdrams..
	and pay a little xtra for it

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net ... 14" deep 1U chassis... 10" deep in development