Scyld module configuration

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Jul 14 00:44:29 PDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Ben DeLong wrote:

> I also tried 'bpsh -n X mii-diag -A 100BaseTx-FD' for each on the nodes
> and this did indead change the indicator light on my switch to indicate
> 100Mb operation, but the node became unreachable as soon as this was
> executed.

This is normal. When using 'mii-diag -A', you are changing the value
advertised by the card, but the transceiver is not set into the specified
mode. The switch detects the change and changes the link speed. If the
card/driver are using autonegotiate mode, the change in link speed will be
noticed at the next media poll, which should happen within 60 seconds.

If, as Sean pointed out, you use an older version of the driver, you might
not be using autonegotiation. 905C cards were defined as not using
autonegotiation until around 2.2.15.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868