Q: 64-bit PCI - 66 Mhz vs 33 Mhz networking performance?

Peter Bowen pzb at scyld.com
Tue Jul 3 08:37:37 PDT 2001

Brian -

The Tyan Thunder K7, like all released dual Athlon motherboards, has
64-bit/33 MHz slots.  The 760MP chipset does not include support for
66MHz pci.  This is slated to be introducted with the 760MPX chipset,
due to be released later this year.

As far as I am aware, the only x86 motherboards with 64-bit/66 MHz PCI
are for Intel PIII chips and use a ServerWorks chipset.

Thanks.
Peter