hydrophone array processing on a beowulf

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Wed Feb 28 07:36:53 PST 2001

You might want to take a look at HASAS
(http://www.pp.clinet.fi/~visitor/index.html). To quote their docs:

	HASAS (HydroAcoustic Signal Analysis System) is modular system
for passive sonar signal analysis. It can be used from intelligence
collection to biological research. It is designed to be extremely
scaleable. You can use it as very small battery-operated system with two
hydrophone array (includes amplifiers) and portable computer using it's
sound card as analog input, or you can attach multiple large and complex
hydrophone arrays (with hundreds of hydrophones) to distributed
massively parallel processing system. It can be used as single combined
sensor/processing station, or you can collect data from geographically
distributed sensor systems to single or multiple processing stations and
have multiple analysis and tactical map displays. So it's kind of ISR
(Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) system. It may have some
similarities with USA's IUSS (Integrated Undersea Surveillance System).

	HASAS is distributed under GNU General Public License

k.