Microsoft Releases Computational Cluster Technical Preview To olkit

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Tue Feb 13 21:15:41 PST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 07:40:40PM -0800, Mattson, Timothy G wrote:

> But rest assured, there are many companies out there who'd rather
> pay someone to maintain their cluster middleware than maintain it
> themselves.

Well, yes, but that's true for both the Linux community and the
Windows community. In the Linux community you can buy a system from a
company like mine, and we'll maintain the whole thing, or you can
choose software from a company like Scyld, and pay them to maintain it
for you.

But you're right that wrangling about it doesn't solve anything. I
like Linux. I'm happy to prove it in the business world, by offering
products that succeed in the marketplace of economics and the
marketplace of ideas.

[ I'm sure Tim is aware of all this, he's quite savvy of both the
Linux universe and the Windows universe... ]

-- greg