Alpha beowulf: True64 or Linux?

Robert Bahnsen bahnsen at theo-physik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Feb 5 02:30:20 PST 2001

 Martin,

as far as the NAG fl90 Library is concerned the following versions are
available for Compaq Alpha:

FNDAU04DB  Release 4 / Compaq Alpha UNIX / Compaq compiler
FNDAU03D9  Release 3 / Compaq Alpha UNIX / NAGWare compiler
FNDAL03D9  Release 3 / Compaq Alpha Linux / NAGWare compiler

The combination Compaq Alpha Linux + (free/cheap) Compaq compiler is
missing, and NAG said they would not release one in the near future.
Take this pro Tru64 or con NAG, as you like.

HTH,  Robert

--
Dipl.-Phys. Robert Bahnsen  Institut f. Theoretische Physik und Astrophysik
                            CAU Kiel, Leibnizstr. 15, D-24098 Kiel, Germany