Scyld and Red Hat 7

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 2 05:28:38 PST 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Martin Siegert wrote:

> That's one of the reasons why I want to go to the 2.4 kernel: NFS-v3

NFSv3 support is present in 2.2.18, however NVSv3 over TCP doesn't work
right at this point (this is valid for 2.4). All the patches that were
floating around and were integrated by major vendors in their kernels were
also integrated in 2.2.18. However, you have to compile it yourself, it
doesn't come as RH update... NFS FAQ and mailing list at
http://nfs.sourceforge.net

> [side remark: is there LFS (large file support > 2GB) in the 2.4 kernel?]

Yes, but you also need LFS support from your glibc. AFAIK, glibc-2.1 from
RH 6.2 is not compiled for LFS.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868