ch_p4 asks for passwd after disk crash

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Tue Aug 28 09:22:58 PDT 2001

(sorry if this is a dupe)

 I have mpich-1.2.1, with linux-2.4.x/2.2.x mix

 The disk on my master node crashed. Following a restore,
 I find that I'm asked for passwds for the slave machines
 on running mpirun commands like

 mpirun -np 4 foo

 other info

 1. The multiple copies of foo execute properly

 2. I can ssh to all machines without a passwd

 3. I can run commands like
 #ssh -n slave_node date

 and get the date without a passwd

 4. The environmental variables MPI_P4SSPORT and MPI_USEP4SSPORT are set
 correctly on all machines.

 5 when I run

 chkserv

 for each machine I get

 Bad message from machine_name: :Password
 :

 6. serv_p4 -o -p 1234

 is running on all machines (according to ps)

 Does anyone know what I've missed?

 Thanks Joe

mailto:mack.joseph at epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA