CCL:Motherboards and Linux question (fwd)

Guignon Thomas guignon2 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 9 14:42:44 PDT 2001

Le Jeudi  9 Août 2001 19:17, Eugene Leitl a écrit :
> -- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
> ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204
> 57F9CFD3: ED90 0433 EB74 E4A9 537F CFF5 86E7 629B 57F9 CFD3

Hello,
Be carefull with the ASUS A7S-VM (chipset SIS 730S) because of integrated
graphics card:
if it does no have its own memory it will use a part of main memory for
graphics so ramdac and other chips will use a part of main memory bandwidth
(up to 30%). I allready experiment such things with a DFI board with a VIA
chipset and the only way to have it working at decent speed was to plug a
card into AGP slot thus disabling integrated graphics.
The shuttle board use the same chipset but have one AGP slot (the asus don' t
have)

A+

Thomas