data transfer and condor

Thomas R Boehme mail at thomas-boehme.de
Fri Aug 3 09:36:38 PDT 2001

Hi,

Sorry, I guess I didn't read your post good enough. Reading rgb's answer, I
realized that the throughput is probably not your actual problem (well, with
sever 100s of GB, I guess it will still be a problem).

If your are only looking for a way to hand out the chunks to the jobs and
the throughput is not the problem, you might want to take a look at
MW for Condor http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/mw/ It is a C++ class library
which is designed for Master-Worker applications and uses condor.
It should make it fairly easy to write a Master-Worker application the way
you need it.

Bye, Thommy

email:steveb at aei.mpg.de