Stream variation

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Thu Apr 26 09:37:15 PDT 2001

Hi,

This list seems to host a lot of Stream experts, so I hope I won't be too
much off-topic.
Running 2 instances of Stream at the same time on several Netfinity x330
Dual PIII boxes, I see a variation of performance from one node to another
one, from 185 MB/s to 260 MB/s per run for TRIAD for example.

Have you seen so large variation between identical nodes in a cluster
before ? Do you have any ideas ? (temperature, cheesy chipset, ghost in
the machine, ...)

Thanks.

--
Patrick Geoffray

|      Myricom Inc       |  University of Tennessee - CS Dept |
| 325 N Santa Anita Ave. |   Suite 203, 1122 Volunteer Blvd.  |
|   Arcadia, CA 91006    |      Knoxville, TN 37996-3450      |
|     (626) 821-5555     |      Tel/Fax : (865) 974-1950      |