System hangs on installation

Gerry Creager gerry at cs.tamu.edu
Thu Apr 12 16:10:59 PDT 2001

This sounds frighteningly like a problem I just resolved.  RH7 failed to
install, hanging at various points in the process under repeated
attempts, but most frequently at the end.  A new box, I suspected a BIOS
problem.  I also asked the vendor to check the memory which he stated
was tested and returned to me.

Short answer:  I just replaced the memory with another vendor's stick
and it worked and has not failed so far.

I've gotten a discouragly large number of reports, of late, of bad, or
failing memory.

Gerry