Search Facility for list archives and SCYLD install problem??

Garry Smith garry.smith at computer.org
Thu Apr 12 07:19:27 PDT 2001

Hello,

I have just joined the list.  Is there a search facility for the list
archives?
I have been to http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/ but do not see one
there.

In particular I am looking for information that will help with the
following:

I am using the Scyld Beowulf Boot/Installation CD Version v2.0 (Preview)
(P/N: 27Bz-6) to install my master node (intel p3-450).  After specifying
the IP address information for both eth0 and eth1 the installation process
continues for a while and then freezes.

If I instead elect to use DHCP for both interfaces the installation
completes successfully.
At this time I don't want to set up a DHCP server.

Do you know if this is a glitch with the preview version?  Perhaps it is
better to get the latest full version of the CD from Scyld, yes?

TIA

regards
Garry