Node cloning

Felix Rauch rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 5 03:44:58 PDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Luca Frediani wrote:
> Now my goal is to set up an init process that partition the local
> hard drive and put the partition images on it. I did not find
> anything useful about it. Can anyone tell me how to do it or where
> can I find useful information?

If you clone the whole hard disk drives, then the partitioning will be
done automatically with the cloning. This can e.g. be done with our
cloning tool Dolly [1]. For this approach your disks should have the
same sizes.

Regards,
Felix

[1] http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/CoPs/patagonia/
    (see "other tools and documentation")
Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage: http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~rauch/
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: ++41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   ++41 1 632 1307