simulate cluster

Rick Taylor taylorrx at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 3 12:50:58 PDT 2001

with MPI, you could probably list the same machine a couple of times in your
machines list, write your demo program, and go with that, explaining how the
problem would be split up, possibly show the program's propagation in ps,
etc, etc. Of course, you're not going to get the performance of a
multi-machine cluster, but, IMHO, you could still argue that it is a beowulf
class machine, since at that point the architecture is there, if not the
computing power.