Two different NICs for channel bonding?

Camm Maguire camm at enhanced.com
Mon Apr 2 11:28:57 PDT 2001

Greetings!  We have an established 16-node beowulf using Intel
EtherExpressPro 100 NICs.  Contrary to the lore regarding problems
with this card, all works very well here.  We'd like to add a second
channel to the beowulf.  Am I asking for problems if we use a tulip of
3com card?  Do the Netgear cards still use the tulip chipset?  Here is
what I'm thinking of:

16 Netgear FA311 10/100BT PCI NIC
1 FS116 10/100 16 PORT DUAL SPEED SWITCH RJ-45 W/UPLINK BUTTON

Advice appreciated!

Camm Maguire			     			camm at enhanced.com