ServerWorks chipset

Alan Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Thu Sep 21 02:58:05 PDT 2000

In the message below, Donald B. Kinghorn writes:
   > Please forward this reply to list for me. Maybe someone will notice
   > and help me get posts working again.

I looked at the latest list of messages in
 http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2000-September/date.html
and I do not see one from Donald B. Kinghorn, despite his "Cc:"
to the mailing list.  Hence I am forwarding his message to this group.

 > From: "Donald B. Kinghorn" <kinghorn at pqs-chem.com>
 > Sender: kinghorn at mta5.rcsntx.swbell.net
 > To: Alan Scheinine <scheinin at crs4.it>
 > Cc: beowulf at beowulf.org
 > Subject: Re: ServerWorks chipset
 > Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:40:36 -0500

Hi Alan

I have a SuperMicro 370DLE motherboard on order.  I hope to use them in
a 12 node cluster at the university of Arkansas. I just ordered one for
now to do some initial testing. I wont be using Myrinet on this cluster
but will on another test cluster I'll be putting together.

I want to use the 370DLE for the "diskless" nodes (they'll have ATA
drives for local scratch and swap) They only cost around $300. The nice
ASUS boards are around $1000 a pop.

I'll post my evaluations on the beowulf list if I can ever get my posts
to work again. I haven't been able to post to the list and have gotten
no response from the list administrator.

Please forward this reply to list for me. Maybe someone will notice and
help me get posts working again.

Thanks
-Don