freezing system state

ketilf at ifi.uio.no ketilf at ifi.uio.no
Fri Sep 15 06:55:31 PDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards information how I can snapshot the entire
> system state to hard drive, and have an option to restore it at boot
> time?
>
> If Linux can't do that yet, are there plans for putting support for
> suspend state into it?

Hi.

Maybe what you are really looking for is a way to stop one or more
processes and save them to disk, instead of the entire system state. This
is a feature I would think could be extremely useful, but I'm not sure
anyone is implementing a way to do this. Anyone know?

--
Ketil Froyn                       	The probability of someone
University of Oslo			watching you is proportional