another LAPACK problem

Yoon Jae Ho yoon at bh.kyungpook.ac.kr
Wed Sep 6 19:30:52 PDT 2000

Thank you Susan

My problem for LAPACK using blas.a (not atlas) was two reason.

1. as Craig Tierney points out, ./ is needed in front of each executables.

>  2) The current directory (.) is not on the path.
>
> You should first check and see if the current directory is
> not on the path and add it if not.  Or, you can edit all the
> makefiles and add './' in front of each executable.
> You probably do not want to add the current directory '.' on
> your path permanently, it is a security hole.
>
> If you are sure it is running, go into the testing directory and
> look at the output file, *.out, or rerun the code without redirecting
> the output.

yup. i just edited the makefile and added the ./'s and it worked. thanks.
but, there is no output in my ./xdlutime programmer. the headers come out
but there is no values???

2. I use 150Mhz PC with 16M Ram .. too much small memory ..

I change the the size of NMAX which is set on line 122 of stimaa.f (512) to very small number.

but I got "Segmentation Error"

but I think that's from too much small memory which you said

because I got the same "Segmentation" problems while I compile SCALAPACK because I have very small memory.

Thank you. Susan

Have a Nice Day

I suppose to need a little bit much faster & good memory PC.

from Yoon Jae Ho
Seoul, Korea