Scyld, beoboot-install

Jon Tegner tegner at nada.kth.se
Thu Oct 26 00:37:30 PDT 2000

It has turned out that in our case the problem is a result of the fact
that the nodes are "not ready" when we try to do the beoboot-install. It
takes about four minutes for the nodes to become changerooted to
/rootfs, and after that we have no problem with beoboot-install. So by
just waiting four minutes everything is OK.

My question now is why does it take so long time? Could it be a hardware
issue (apart from ata/100 disks - but I believed that issue was solved,
see previous post on this list) our hardware is fairly standard? Is
there a way to check this (log-files somewhere)?

Thanks,

/jon