Intel Motherboards (and possible replacements)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Oct 12 11:31:45 PDT 2000

Here in our clusters at Fermilab we have recently been buying
the "Lancewood" L440GX+ motherboard with very good results
both for performance and reliability.  But it seems
we are coming to the point where that motherboard is running
out of gas.  We are looking for *reliable* dual PentiumIII boards
that have got 133 MHz front side bus and can do 866 MHz and
above with ease.

Does anyone have a good idea of where Intel is going, also where
some of the other motherboard manufacturers are going with
dual Pentium-III boards of the next generation?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations