Why no rlogin to nodes?

Walt Dabell walt at bartol.udel.edu
Thu Oct 12 08:16:23 PDT 2000

I never disabled rlogin (or ftp ot telnet for that matter) on the
nodes of my cluster. Now I have a user who is rlogin-ing to
nodes, then rlogin-ing from there to yet other nodes. Is there
a reason someone would want to do this? Better question,
Is there good justification I can use to now shut off services,
like rlogin, that have been left on previously? I'll need a good
reason I'm afraid...

Thanks in advance!

     Walt Dabell  302-831-1499  walt at bartol.udel.edu
Computer Facilities Manager - Bartol Research Institute
                     University of Delaware