Head node of scyld cluster.

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Fri Nov 17 12:33:33 PST 2000

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Jeff Largent wrote:

> With the scyld cluster what is the load on the head node?
> What I'm really looking for is can a much less powerful
> p133 control a small 4 slave cluster of P3 650s?

The answer is always "it depends", but this should work well.

Our performance target was for a single master to control about 100 slaves
for an application that scales well on a cluster of that size.
We tested the 64 slave nodes using the cluster originally at GSFC and now at
MTU.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993