linux smp 2.2.17 hangs

Pierre Brua brua at paralline.com
Fri Nov 3 14:52:02 PST 2000

llorenc wrote:
> I have a problem with a dual processor motherboard
> (Supermicro PIIIDR3) running linux smp 2.2.17. When I run two for loops,
> (one in each processor) after a while my computer hangs. Can anyone help
> me please?
>
> Here are the code:
> main() { unsigned int; for(i=0;i<100000000;i++); }

In that case, I would suggest that one of your processor or the memory
is broken or not well cooled. Anyway it is surely a hardware problem
that doesn't concern the Linux kernel at all. I suggest getting cpuburn
and memtester to verify where is the hitch.

Pierre
--
          PARALLINE          ///        Parallelism & Linux
                            ///
71,av. des Vosges Phone:+33 388 141 740 mailto:brua at paralline.com
F-67000 STRASBOURG  Fax:+33 388 141 741  http://www.paralline.com