Take any two: motherboard performance, compatibility, value

Josip Loncaric josip at icase.edu
Fri Jun 30 09:20:58 PDT 2000

I need to correct myself.  When I wrote that the ecc

> module (which currently works *only* on uniprocessor machines) is
> available from
>
> http://www.anime.net/~goemon/linux-ecc/

the part about difficulties with SMP was not quite stated right.  'ecc'
may be SMP capable, but even when SMP switches are enabled in Makefile,
'make' reports lots of compilation warnings and 'insmod ecc' complains
as follows:

ecc: unresolved symbol proc_register
ecc: unresolved symbol pci_find_class
ecc: unresolved symbol jiffies
ecc: unresolved symbol printk
ecc: unresolved symbol add_timer

Obviously, something has changed in the past year, so that old SMP
compilation commands no longer work.  I do not know the reason.

Sincerely,
Josip

--
Dr. Josip Loncaric, Senior Staff Scientist        mailto:josip at icase.edu
ICASE, Mail Stop 132C           PGP key at http://www.icase.edu./~josip/
NASA Langley Research Center             mailto:j.loncaric at larc.nasa.gov
Hampton, VA 23681-2199, USA    Tel. +1 757 864-2192  Fax +1 757 864-6134