automating commands on nodes

Peter Jay Salzman covenant at dirac.org
Sun Jun 4 17:11:58 PDT 2000

hi jakob,

we have ssh on the beowulf frontend, but not on the nodes.  any ideas on
automating installing ssh on the nodes?  i haven't seen redhat 6.1 ssh rpms,
i guess that's a remnant of the USA's moronic crypto export policy (which i
understand was mostly lifted).

i've tried to use mandrake's ssh packages on a redhat 6.1, but redhat balked
at the mandrake rpms.

btw, i didn't know ssh had the capability to run stuff non-interactively.
that is a very cool thing to know!  thank you very much!

pete