Upgrading Red Hat (Alpha & Intel) w/o rebooting

Philip E. Varner pev5b at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Jul 5 11:03:04 PDT 2000

Has anybody a) found a way or b) tried to get a running Red Hat system to
upgrade versions (ie 6.1->6.2) without rebooting or using an install
floppy? Our cluster has a bunch of rackmounted Alphas, some with nonfunctioning
floppy drives, and we really don't want to have to take them all out.  I
know Debian and FreeBSD have ways of doing this, but what about Red Hat?

Thanks,

_P

--
There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
Nader for President - http://www.votenader.com