beofdisk -w is not updating the partition table on slave nodes.

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Tue Dec 5 13:27:49 PST 2000

Richard,

That helped a little bit but I was getting error messages like these for every
file in /lib:

rcp: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory
rcp: /lib/ld-2.1.3.so: Invalid argument
rcp: /lib/ld-linux.so.1: Invalid argument
rcp: /lib/ld-linux.so.1.9.5: Invalid argument

When I did a beoboot-install -a /dev/hda this time I get this, so I think
something else is missing.

#beoboot-install -a /dev/hda
Creating boot images...
Building phase 1 file system image in /tmp/beoboot.3496...
ram disk image size (uncompressed): 1452K
compressing...done
Kernel image is:    "/tmp/.beoboot-install.3495".
Initial ramdisk is: "/tmp/.beoboot-install.3495.initrd".
Installing beoboot on partition 1 of /dev/hda.
mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/
hda1 is mounted.
can't create lock file /etc/mtab~3548: No such file or directory (use -n flag to
 override)
Failed to mount boot partition.
#

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu                             US Mail

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.