USB floppy?

Laurent Itti itti at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 28 23:32:35 PDT 2000

Hi all:

has anybody experience with installing Linux off a USB floppy drive? I did
it on my slim laptop (no integrated floppy; just an external USB one) and
it worked great as long as only one disk was needed (i.e., would not
recognize the drive after the first floppy had been loaded).

since modern motherboards all have USB, maybe we could forget about floppy
drives in clusters and just have one external USB drive around for
emergencies?

I wonder whether that was a special feature of my laptop's BIOS of if it
will also work with desktop motherboards?

thanks!

  -- laurent