[3c509] Half Duplex

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Dec 3 13:12:02 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Jeff Baldwin wrote:

> To: 3c509@scyld.com
>
> My driver is 3c59x and my NIC card is "3Com Corporation|3c905C-TX [Fast
> Etherlink]".

You should be using the vortex list, this list is for the ISA 3c509.

> alias eth0 3c59x full_duplex=0,0,1
>
> But what I need to do here is FORCE half-duplex.... is this possible?
> If so... how?

Ethernet is half duplex by default.  Just turn off autonegotiation,
perhaps by using 'mii-diag', and the card will always use half duplex mode.
Although I don't know why you would want to...

If your problem is that your EEPROM is set to forced-full-duplex mode,
you should change the EEPROM setting to the default.  The driver can't
guess what you were thinking.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993