[3c509] 3c905c Driver loads card not detected.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Craig G. wrote:

> To: 3c509@scyld.com
> Subject: [3c509] 3c905c Driver loads card not detected.
>
> Ok, got a weird one for ya, BTW not on the mailing list pls CC me in
> reply.
>
> Running a HP Vectra VL600, 3com 3c905c 10/100 nic
> Redhat 6.1, fresh install right from the CD.

Hmmm, that's a PCI 3c905 card.
You are sending to the ISA 3c509 mailing list.
You should be asking on the vortex mailing list, *after* reading
   http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html

> basically in a nutshell when i type in "insmod 3c905x" it tell the driver
> info yadda, that's it. No nic card detected nothing.

...and you are using the 3c905x driver from 3Com, not the regular Linux driver.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403