[yellowfin] GNIC-II problem:Something Wicked happened! 0303

Jiangbo Li jiangbo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:11:27 PDT 2004

hi, all,

I install this card in Fedora Core 2 with 2.6.5 kernel. Every thing works
fine.  But when I sending packets using the pktgen kernel module, the
receiver report "Something Wicked happened! 0303 ". The network is
never work agian unless reboot the machine.

I check the code of 0303, It means IntrRxPCIFault and IntrTxPCIFault.
Don't know why this happen.  If I send the packet slowly, every thing
works very good.

My pci bus is 32 bits.  It should have about 1Gbps. My sending rate
is 300,000pps (64bytes Ether packet). It's only 200Mbps.  I know the
GNIC-II is designed for 64bits PCI. Is this the problem?

Any suggestion?

Jiangbo Li