GNIC-II Compile/Load problem

Michael Sloan michael@theprintinghouse.com
Thu Aug 5 13:31:58 1999

I've just subscribed to the list. I looked at the address referenced in
the mailing-list information for help with my problem
(http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex-list.html) for the
'Frequent Answers', but found no link.

I'm trying to compile the hamachi.c driver (version 0.07 - dated
08/17/98) to load as a module for slackware linux, kernel 2.2.9, running
on an Intel Pentium-200. While I did get a hamachi.o module, it does not
load, and was hoping someone has encountered this problem and can point
me towards a solution. The system currently has a DEC tulip driver and
the 3Com vortex driver loaded as modules.

A compile with the following command (taken from the end of hamachi.c):

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c hamachi.c `[ -f
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`

produces the following warnings:

In file included from hamachi.c:79:
/usr/include/linux/bios32.h:11: warning: #warning This driver uses the
old
PCI interface, please fix it (see Documentation/pci.txt)

and and insmod hamachi.o produces the following error messages:

hamachi.o: unresolved symbol securebits
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol eth_copy_and_sum
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol eth_type_trans
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_read_config_byte
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol __kfree_skb
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol alloc_skb
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol init_etherdev
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_find_class
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol bh_active
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_present
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_write_config_word
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol free_irq
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol unregister_netdev
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol iounmap
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_write_config_byte
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol __ioremap
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol del_timer
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol kfree
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_slot
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol request_irq
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol netif_rx
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol skb_over_panic
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol jiffies
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_read_config_word
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol printk
hamachi.o: unresolved symbol add_timer

I'm also attempting to compile this driver on RedHat Linux 6.0, 2.2.6
kernel, for a Macintosh Blue & White G3, with a different set of
problems (warning messages on compile, machine hangs after about 25
seconds when one tries to make the interface active, frame count 2100000
or so). I didn't record the messages for the Mac platform, however. I
can easily do that, if someone has some idea(s) for a solution.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Michael Sloan
The Printing House, Ltd.