Hamachi on Linux-Alpha

Lawrence MacIntyre lpz@ornl.gov
Wed Oct 28 23:12:53 1998

Hi:

I sent mail last week about a problem where the hamachi caused my LX164
to reset when I ifconfiged the interface up.  Tonight I got Jay
Estabrook's newest kernel patches (2.0.35-2), recompiled the kernel, and
it's happy!

I only have one alpha running Linux :-( but when I use ttcp between it
and a 400 MHz P-II with GNIC-I, I get 180 Mb/sec from alpha->intel and
300 Mb/sec from intel->alpha.  I'll try the hamachi in the intel box
tomorrow and see if that is better.

Sorry to blame the problem on the hamachi driver when it was my
kernel...

Lawrence
    ~