[vortex] Need newest drivers for 3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)

Martin d Anjou point14 at magma.ca
Mon Feb 27 12:07:27 PST 2006

Check the driver you have by looking at the source code included with your
kernel. In my case, it is: /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/3c59x.c

The most recent update I see is "LK1.1.19 10Nov02". I do not know of a
more recent driver, this hardware is pretty old anyway. My guess is you
already have the latest driver, but probably just have a configuration
problem. BTW, I could never get the WOL feature working on this card.

To learn about your driver and your card settings, try these tools from
the command line:

lspci -vvv
ifconfig
ethtool -i eth0