[vortex] Linu Up Trigger by Vortex Driver

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jun 17 11:02:21 PDT 2005

[ Please line wrap your messages. ]

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Ranjitsinh Wable wrote:

> But instead of geeting the perodic status can I get the trigger when
> exact the link changes? While setting the bit for the media status.
> I could not find the function for the same.

I don't fully understand your question, so I'm just guessing that you
want to get a notice as the link changes and not (up to 60s) later on
when the media checking routine is called. If this is the case, then
it is possible with some restrictions:

- you need to modify the driver to add the code for treating the
MediaLink (IIRC) interrupt. I had tried this about 4 years ago and I
have gotten it to work, but I don't think that I have that code
anymore; I might have posted it here though, so look through the
archives.
- there is limited hardware support for this interrupt. Only Tornado
(905C) and Cyclone (905B, although I don't remember if all Cyclones
had this feature) can generate this interrupt; IIRC I've only tested
it with Tornado cards. For the older generations the periodic check of
media status is the only solution.