[vortex] cannot activate eth0 (3c59x [duh]) in RH8.0 dual boo t system

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 3 09:48:02 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> However if you set speed/duplex correctly in EEPROM mii-diag do not work
> anymore and also network do not run (with or without correct options to
> 3c59x driver).

Depends on what you call "set speed/duplex correctly in EEPROM": I would
call "correct" the autonegotiate/nway setting. Then mii-diag would work.
For some cards, if the EEPROM settings are not autonegotiate/nway, the
driver seems not to be able to control the MII, although there is no
documentation that would cover this case.