[vortex] Problem - Advice

Fabio Gianfranco D'Alleva fabiod@lycos.com
Mon Feb 3 06:25:01 2003

Hi,

I have installed XP and Red Hat 8 on a Dell i8200 Laptop.

I am experiencing problem with my NIC under Linux and suspect that there could be a bug in the driver. I am using DHCP to obtain an ip address. When I ping, packets are not Received 100%, there is a loss.

If I check the driver settings under XP, it is set to "Autonegotiate".

I think this has to do with Duplexing. I tried to use mii-tool to set the Duplex mode. I have also tried set the driver Duplex under XP to "Half". This does not work.

NIC Details :

Internal 10/100 Ethernet (Integrated on motherboard as standard)
3Com 3C920 10/100 Base-TX
32 bits
10 & 100 Mbps

What can I do to get it working?