[vortex] 3COM VLAN VLT

Jin jin@exco.rousse.bg
Mon Apr 28 11:57:03 2003

Hello,

I have a linux router /RedHat 7.2, kernel 2.4.18/ with a 3C905B card.
I'm plannig to connect internal network trough 3COM SuperStack 1100 switch
with that  card and to configure switch to use port-based VLAN.
In vortex-config I sow mac-control reporting, that VLT-VLAN is enabled, but
neighter in mii-control, nor in driver options I sow how to enable it.
So, my question is: is it possible to enable VLT VLAN in 3C905B driver, so
the card can understand the switch /which port is configured as VLT VLAN
port also/, or I'll have to use 802.1q tagging ?
/The reason I need VLAN-s is to stop NETBIOS broadcasting, because I don't
want machines on different ports to see each other/

thanks,
Yordan Nanchev