[vortex] 3com910

Alberto Tobias atr@xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 25 23:57:08 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Becker" <becker@scyld.com>
To: "Alberto Tobias" <atr@xs4all.nl>
Cc: <vortex@scyld.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: [vortex] 3com910

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Alberto Tobias wrote:
>
> You must have the 'gcc' package installed -- it's always installed by
> default.  It's only omitted if you select a custom install.
>
> The instructions I usually give are:
>
> mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
> cd /tmp/netdrivers/
> ncftpget ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
> tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
> make
> make install

Sorry, couldn't get back to you sooner. I only just tried this. Since I
can't get the NIC to work, i can't use the ncftpget command. I have
downlaoded the file on my windows machine and transferred it to my Red Hat
box by means of a good old Floppy.

the tar and make commands execute without a glitch, but... the make install
gives me the following error:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/cb_shim.o

NIC still not functioning. I am seeing this correctly, that because the
cb_shim.o doesn't compile or install correctly I still can't install my NIC,
even though it uses tulip.o?

Please help me, I don't know enough Linux (yet?) to solve this myself...

Regards,
Alberto