[vortex] transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Sep 18 15:59:02 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Damir Cosic wrote:

> Subject: [vortex] transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000
>
> It seems that this old problem keeps resurfacing. I am using
> 3c59x.c:v0.99X with 2.2.14 kernel on a box that is configured as a
> router with two NICs. I would get this message from time to time during
> big amounts of traffic and then card in question would have to be
> restarted.

Grruppp, I thought that problem was quashed in 0.99X and later.

> Now with help of ttcp I am able to reproduce it pretty regularly.
> Interesting thing is that it runs without problems if there is traffic
> in only one direction (that is, running ttcp -r on one side and ttcp -t
> on the other), regardless of amount of traffic, but as soon as another
> ttcp connection, this time in the opposite direction, is started, driver
> starts spitting these messages out.

I've tested under those conditions.
What type of card do you have?  (The driver detection message will have
most of the info, although there are various 3c905B cards with the same
PCI IDs.)