[vortex] A 3c905B behaving strange

Antti T J Granqvist granqvis@cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 22 15:33:01 2002

Using 3com's DOS based configuration and diagnostics program I was able to
find out that media type was 100baseTx and full-duplex was enabled. Using
the same tool there was no problem in autoconfiguring the the card. It now
works as expected. I do not know what the requirements are on those scyld
diagnostics programs, but at least in this case it seemed like the
card could not be configured correctly.

The 3c905B that caused problems belonged to a computer that was bought
used. Probably at previous owner's premises the card was connected to a
100baseTx network with those settings.

Antti