[vortex] A 3c905B behaving strange

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 15 09:27:03 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> You must pass a numeric value to advertise complex capability sets.

OK, so I am half blind :-)

> Do you have a syntax suggestion for doing otherwise?

The current code for "-A" just sets the value directly independent of what
was there before. So, my proposal would be to make an "or" between several
"-A" options on the command line. In order not to change code too much,
the first one would do just like now, but the second and subsequent would
first read the present value, do an "or" with it then write it back.
This way the state that has to be kept between processing of several "-A"
options would just be a "first time" flag.