[vortex] A 3c905B behaving strange

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 15 08:46:03 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Antti T J Granqvist wrote:

> You mean like
> mii-diag -F 10baseT-HD?

Well, your last vortex-diag dump revealed that autonegotiation was
working. So I would say to try first to limit autonegotiation by using
'mii-diag -A 10baseT-HD' and only then '-F 10baseT-HD' which should
disable autonegotiation.

Note to Donald: maybe I'm too blind to see it now, but my copy of
mii-diag does not allow to advertise some more complex media combination,
like "10baseT-HD and 100baseTx-HD" which I think might be worth adding.

> Do I have to reload the driver module without parameters before that?

Yes, but "debug" is also a parameter and you might want to keep it :-)