[vortex] A 3c905B behaving strange

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 15 07:28:55 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Antti T J Granqvist wrote:

> Now I try to set the card to half-duplex by
> rmmod 3c59x
> and
> insmod 3c59x debug=3 full_duplex=0

The most reliable way to set duplex is with mii-diag. If I'm not mistaken
"full_duplex=0" is the default value and means "I don't care"; there was a
discussion some time ago about having a flag to force half-duplex, but I
don't remember what was the outcome...

> link partner capability c000,

But this might be a good hub if it reports something back to the card :-)

> Also as I mentioned earlier, at cold boot _THIS_ card makes the hub jam
> until the driver is loaded.

You also said that another card has the same effect on the hub. Or am I
messing up different threads ?